One can never be too careful these days, especially in blogging. What is said to one person might be picked up and mis-understood by another, with disastrous consequences.
This all begins with Teri, The Bipolar Diva. She was going on a holiday to Hawaii. She had some swimsuits (all very "fetching," as an Aussie mate would say). She wanted her readers to decide which two were the best. I made a very simple comment, from one girl to another (you understand). I said, "I'm not really big on "haute coutrue," or whatever humans call it. You look especially good in A and B. But, truth be told, they all look a little small on you."
However, the Queen of WTF, bosom buddy of the Diva, was "not amused." And before I knew it, I had been thrown in the Royal Prison! Really, it was just a terrible misunderstanding, and we got it sorted out soon enough.
But while there, I learned a new skill and a new language. When I was finally released, I actually hunted up a cottage, thinking I would stay a while and get to know these most interesting people. I even applied for the job of Royal Fool (for which I thought I was very well qualified). Turns out that I was over-qualified, and my application was summarily dismissed. I was thoroughly disappointed, but having been thrown out of better places, I simply considered the situation, and chalked up as a "life experience in a different part of the world." Besides, if they turned me down for the job of Royal Fool, it plainly showed members of the Royalty in that land had no sense of humour. Saints preserve us from that sort of place!
So I sublet my cottage to a family of pigs, and came home to Bear's place. I trust I'll be safe for the rest of winter.
6 comments:
O.M.G! *shakes head*.
Ah Sadie, don't be too hard on yourself.
As a true Sagittarian I am an expert at putting my foot in it, opening mouth before engaging brain, that sort of thing.
Once something is said, you can't take it back and it's worse if the whole of blogland has witness your blunder. But you can grovel and plead forgiveness - after all, what does it really matter.
Mind you, I still wake up in the night having bad dreams about something stupid I said to someone years and years ago. Hey-ho.
® Natsy: Yes, well, life is made up of "interesting" experiences.
® Jean: Open mouth; change feet? Bear does that fairly regularly.
Miss Sadie -- We can all relate to misadventures... It is what you do to keep going that matters most. So glad that you are back with Bear where you are loved and needed... What better job to have than that!
Bises,
Genie
I think the imporant thing here is to make sure she understands how you meant the comment. Then it's all up to her.
® Ms. Genie: Interesting response, particularly in light of recent developments. We apologize for our slow response.
® Ms. Jane: It is all up to her. And frankly, she doesn't care. Nothing serious, we can assure you.
Post a Comment