Since Bear has not gone back into hibernation yet, we decided to traverse the ambit of my domain in the colony across the pond (i.e., Canada).
A word of explanation. (Actually, a few words.)
You understand, quite correctly, that I'm an absentee landlord from my British estates. But really, they're not much of note. As Duchess of St. Swythyn's Punt-on-Thames, I'm the proud owner of a small punt, moored in the middle of the Thames River. As Duchess of Cardigan and Wooly Boots, I have a small island nearby that famous Welsh city. Cardigan Island (in Welsh: Ynys Aberteifi) is inhabited by a colony of grey seals, from whom I collect no rent. Hence, as you can see, I have good reasons to enjoy living at Bear's micro-holding (a very small "small holding") in the colony.
However, I have established my presence here. My domain includes two lovely parks, and several city blocks.
The weather today is 0°C (32F), with very light snow falling, and mostly melting. Since Bear had not gone back into hibernation, I convinced him that we should check my Canadian "estate."
So off we went. We began, as usual, walking a couple of city blocks Then, through the first park, then the second (adjoining) park, then up the riverbank trail, then around another couple of blocks, and home.
I'm happy to report that everything is in good order. I must comment the crews on their excellent care for this area.
Now, for a nap in front of the fire place, while Bear heads back to his bed (not his winter den). Don't blame him; perfect weather for a snooze, terrible for hibernating.
5 comments:
Duchess ~ did you forget the summer palace in Awwwstralia?
Miss Sadie our pup is also having a snooze in front of the range...
Thirty-two degrees sounds like a heat wave for your area! I'm glad that you and Sadie had a walkabout....and that all is well!!
Take care of you both!
Smiles and hugs,
Jackie
So glad your walk produced good results Sadie. Keep up the good work!
Sorry to be slow in replying, friends.
® Natalie: I have no royal property in AweStralia. But now that you've mentioned it, . . .
® Posie: Dogs know a good thing when they see and feel it.
® Jackie: Heat wave indeed. Today was -49C (or -56F). A good time for Bear to be hibernating and me to be wearing my winter coat.
® Jane G: Good indeed. But far too cold for that today (as I explained to Jackie, above).
Post a Comment